Sunday, February 6, 2011

  • The cure to emotional pain is in nature.

I disagree

  • Nature is filled with harsh cruelties

I agree.

  • A person’s priorities should place family before work

I agree.

  • Enjoying life is more important than pursuing fame, glory, and knowledge.

I agree.

  • Those born with social and financial advantages have a responsibility for those who are not.
I disagree, because even though it's morally the right thing to do, as human beings we all potentially have the same abilities, which means that individual success can be achieved through hard work. We can always aid them, but we can't do everything for them, in order for them to catch up to us. We may also give advice in fail attempts at improving their lifestyle but like I have stated before, we can't do much more than watch from the side and scream out a few things, occasionally indulge ourselves with them, but we can't devote our full undivided attention to them for the rest of our days.

  • Ignorance is bliss.
I agree, because when you are unaware of something, it doesn't control your actions. I agree that ignore is bliss (but bliss could be dangerous) example: If someone was driving down a one way street, happily bobbing along to the radio and didn't see a car driving towards them only at that point would they emotionally react to the situation, which would then lead to a number of events which would not have occurred had they gotten to the end of the road, unaware that it was a one way street.. Another example might be before you know you have high blood pressure, you'll be going around the same way you have been for the past years and as soon as you find out you have high blood pressure, everything becomes timed and you get paranoid about everything you do. This is where ignorance being bliss has a possibility of being dangerous comes in again.

  • The pursuit of knowledge is a volatile quest.

I disagree.

  • Someone’s ego (over-inflated sense of self-worth or superiority) will cause a tragic fall.

I agree.

  • Children learn their behaviors by watching and mimicking adults.

I agree.

  • Most people are basically cruel.

I disagree.

  • Society makes a person whatever he becomes.

I disagree.

  • The “disenfranchised man,” who finds himself unable to live within society for whatever reason, is someone for whom we should feel sympathy or reverence.

I agree.

  • Rejection and mistreatment can manifest themselves in a person becoming rage-filled.

I agree.

  • If a person or an animal is treated with cruelty, he will respond to others in the same way.

I agree.

  • Those people we deem “monsters” in today’s society are merely misunderstood.

I agree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home